Wednesday, May 27, 2009

values anyone?

So I just got through speaking to a client about her newfound engagement. I congratulated her, to which she responded "eh, we'll see what happens."

Last I checked, getting engaged means something. To those of you who it doesn't, there's no place for you in this world. There's no reason to make that commitment, or take that step if you don't mean it, or you doubt it, or anything.. If you have any thoughts other than complete excitement, maybe even some nerves as to the fact that life as you know it is suddenly about to change- then don't do it.

Meanwhile, she explains how they knew each other and this and that.. Including that her previous marriage didn't work out, and that he was widowed 4 years ago.

I just don't get. This isn't about lovey dovey crap, really. But what happened to things meaning something. I'd like to think if I found someone and married them, whether they're alive or dead- I'm done with all that. Its me and them. there's no grey area. Otherwise, why bother. What's the point.

I said there's no place for these people in the world, but maybe in todays new "openminded" and "accepting" society there's no place for me.